Python is an interpreted, object-oriented high-level, general-purpose programming language. Python's design philosophy emphasizes code readability and ease-of-use. There are many uses for Python, some include:
- Machine learning
- Artificial intelligence
- Desktop app and software development
- Writing system scripts (creating instructions that tell a computer to ‘do’ something)
- Processing big data and performing mathematical computations
If you have ever surfed the web, it is likely you have encountered Python language. Some companies that use Python include but are not limited to:
Facebook, Amazon, Google, N.A.S.A., Netflix, and Instagram just to name a few.
- Python works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc).
- Python has a simple syntax similar to the English language.
- Python has a syntax that allows developers to write programs with fewer lines than some other programming languages.
- Python runs on an interpreter system, meaning that code can be executed as soon as it is written. This means that prototyping can be very quick.
- Python can be treated in a procedural way, an object-orientated way or a functional way.
Machine learning is the scientific study of statistical models and algorithms that computer systems use to perform a specific task without using explicit instructions, relying on patterns and inference instead. Machine learning is a subset of artificial intelligence.
Machine learning algorithms build a mathematical model based on sample data, known as "training data", in order to make predictions or decisions without being explicitly programmed to perform the task. Machine learning algorithms are used in a wide variety of applications, such as email filtering and computer vision, where it is difficult or infeasible to develop a conventional algorithm for effectively performing the task.
Data Science is the study of various types of data such as structured, semi-structured and unstructured data in any form or formats available in order to get some information out of it. Data Science consists of different technologies used to study data such as data mining, data storing, data purging, data archival, data transformation, etc., in order to make the data-efficient and ordered.
CambodiaTutor.com’s Software Engineering / Data Science program using Python enables you to learn data science concepts from scratch. This Python course will also help you master important Python programming concepts such as object-oriented programming, file operations and data operations. Throughout the course, you will learn various Python libraries such as Tensorflow, Numpy, Pandas, Keras, and Matplotlib.
To participate in CambodiaTutor.com’s Software Engineer / Data Science course you will need a PC or preferably laptop meeting the following minimum system requirements:
- Processors: Intel Atom® processor or Intel® Core™ i3 processor
- Disk space: 1 GB
- Operating systems: Windows* 7 or later, macOS, or Linux
CambodiaTutor.com will teach individuals and group (maximum of two students) classes. The first class date is 3/11/19 and it's already full.